Facebook is a popular social media messaging application. With Facebook to keep up with friends, sharing photos, updates and keeping track of the latest happenings becomes quite simple. Sometimes when you want to take a break from social media, or are concerned about privacy you either think of deactivating the account or deleting it. Deleting and deactivating of Facebook account isn’t so difficult. Many users are facing issues and asking how to Delete Facebook Account on Android or PC. Here is a step by step guide to delete FB Account in 2019.
Deactivate or Delete Facebook account?
Deactivating and deleting account are two different things.
Deactivating Facebook account means:
- That your account will be disabled temporarily.
- You can reactivate your account later.
- Some information will be visible.
- Facebook will save your account info in case of reactivating the account.
On the other hand, deleting an account is cutting out from Facebook and saying goodbye to Facebook forever.
- Facebook usually delays the deletion for a few days and if you log in between your deletion process will abort.
- Once your account is deleted, you can reactivate or regain it.
- It will take a longer time like 90 days to clear off your information from Facebook’s
Note: Deactivating is a temporary solution for the reason that you want a break and deleting of account is a permanent thing which you should do very carefully.
Here’s a guide to deactivate and delete the Facebook account to make it easy for you to follow.
Steps to deactivate Facebook account:
- Click the account menu down arrow at the top right of any Facebook page in your web browser
- Select ‘Settings’
- Choose ‘General’ in the left column.
- Click ‘Your Facebook Information’.
- Press ‘Deactivate your account’, and then follow the steps to confirm your decision.
To reactivate your account after deactivating it, simply login into Facebook with your registered e-mail and password. Your profile will be active again.
Also Read: IRCTC Registration
Steps to delete the Facebook account
With still you want to delete your account, here is a guide to tell you how:
Step 1: Click the account menu down arrow at the top right of any Facebook page in your web browser: in this option Facebook help center will show you a message that is
“If you want to permanently delete your Facebook account, let us know. Once the deletion process has begun, you won’t be able to reactivate your account or retrieve any of the content or information that you’ve added.”
Step 2: Click ‘Download a copy of your Facebook data’ at the bottom of your General Account Settings: this means that you aren’t using your account anymore. And in future, if you want to you have to register with a new account.
Step 3: Choose ‘Start My Archive’.
Note: Once the file begins to download, be very careful about where to store it since it will contain your Facebook profile information.
Step 4: Just click on ‘Delete Facebook Account’ link: and the moment you will select this option, this will end your journey with Facebook.
Go to this link – https://www.facebook.com/deactivate_delete_account/
Deleting a Facebook account is indeed an easy task but one should do it after thinking clearly because Facebook does provide an option of deactivating the account for a span of time.