Bootable pendrive are used to install operating system in your system. You can easily install any operating system like Windows, Linux or MAC using your pendrive. 5-6 years ago people use to burn ISO file into DVD in order to install operating system like Windows, Linux or MAC in their system and one of the biggest disadvantage of that was we can’t rewrite that DVD but in pendrive we can easily rewrite the operating system ISO file as many time we want. In this tutorial we are going to show you How to make Bootable Pendrive using PowerISO.
This process is really simple, you just have to download PowerISO and install it on your system and after that you can start creating bootable pendrive.
How to Make Bootable Pendrive for Windows 7/8/10
We are show two different working methods through which you can start creating Bootable USB Drive for any operating system.
Method 1: how to make Pendrive Bootable using PowerISO
In this method we are going to use PowerISO software as we have mentioned it earlier in this article, so lets start:
- First download PowerISO from its official website(free version will work fine)
- After downloading PowerISO, you have to click on that executable(.exe) file and install PowerISO on your system.
- Once PowerISO is installed on your device, launch it and from top menu click on Tools and click on Create bootable USB drive
- It will ask for Administrator permission in order to use that function, after clicking on OK, a new window will be open where you can create pendrive bootable or Windows 7/8/10 or for Linux and MAC
- Now here you have to select image file which is basically your operating system ISO file and then you have to select you pendrive which you have to make bootable and then you have to click on Start button and the process will start
- You can see that the process has been started, you have to wait for few minutes to let the software to make the pendrive bootable, the time basically depends upon the size of ISO file.
- Bravo, its done, now you can install operating system using that bootable pendrive.
This method works all the time no matter what type of bootable usb drive you want to create, this is the best tool to create unlimited Bootable pendrives
Method 2: How to make Pendrive Bootable using CMD
In this method we are going to see how to make bootable pendrive using cmd in Windows, so lets start:
- Insert you USB flash drive in your system and format it properly to FAT32 Default version.
- Now press Windows + R button on your keyboard and type cmd and press enter or go to Start and type cmd and run it as administrator.
- Once cmd opens up, you have enter command for partiton, so type “diskpart” it will ask you for Administrator permission so click on Yes
- Now you have to enter the command “list disk” which will show number of disk available/connected to your system including your USB Flash drive.
- Now you have to select your drive, in my case the USB flash drive is Disk 1 and Disk 2 is my main HDD, I can easily identity by the amount of space available in those drives. My USB Flash drive is of 16GB and so here it is showing as Disk 1, so I’ll select that by entering this command “Select Disk 1”.
- Now you have to erase the USB flash drive so type “clean” and press enter.
- Now type “create partition primary” and press enter again.
- Now you have to select the partition, type “select partition 1” and press enter.
- After doing above instruction, type “active” to make it active.
- Now format your USB Flash drive using this command “format fs=fat32 quick” and press enter, this will change its format to FAT32 default.
- Last step where you have to type “assign” and press enter, now you can paste any type of ISO file in your pendrive you will be able to install any operating system in your system.
So these were the two method on How to make Bootable Pendrive in Windows, you face any problem while creating bootable pendrive for any operating system, then please write us back in comment section and we will try out best to help you out.