Suppose you are out on vacation and you return after 10-15 and you turn on your system and your Windows automatically starts scanning for new updates and after scanning it starts downloading new updates and then at a certain point where windows update stuck at 0 which becomes really annoying.
Windows Update Stuck at 0% is one of the most common error in all versions of windows. In this article we will show you how quickly you can solve this issue in any version of windows whether it is Windows 7 or Windows 8 or Windows 10.
Fix your Windows Update Stuck at 0%
We have written few methods on how you can fix windows update not downloading problem. As this is one of the most common issue for Windows 10 users when Windows 10 update was rolled in 2015 and it was new for everyone, most of the users were facing this issue and after few days Microsoft rolled out another update which has fixed this issue but still we have seen many user are facing same problem everyday.
There are three ways by which you can solve windows update stuck at 0% problem:
- Try to Disable all Non-Microsoft services
- Try to Turn Off Windows Firewall.
- Manually Restart your Updates using services.msc
Method 1: Try to Disable all Non-Microsoft services
- Press Windows + R button and type “msconfig” and press enter.
- Now a window will be open where you have to click on Services tab and there you have click on that check box Hide all Microsoft Services and click on Disable All and then click OK as shown in below image.
- After clicking on Ok, you have to restart your system.
- After restarting your system check whether Windows Update is working or not? We tried this in Windows 7 and in Windows 7 update stuck at 0 problem was resolved by following these steps.
Method 2: Try to Turn Off Windows Firewall.
When you try to install any unknown programs on your system, Windows Firewall always scan that program to make sure it is Virus free and sometime the same Windows firewall blocks Windows update, the firewall blocks windows to download new updates and due to that windows 7 update stuck at 0, follow this method in order to solver this problem
- At first open Control Panel in your Windows by pressing Windows button and type “Control Panel” in order to solve windows update stuck at 0
- After opening Control Panel, select the category by Small Icons and then click on Windows Defender Firewall
- After opening Windows Defender Firewall, In life sidebar of your window you will Turn Windows Defender On or Off, Click on that as shown in below image
- Now select Turn off Windows Defender Firewall(not Recommended) and click on OK
- Now again after saving above settings, Restart your system and try to download Windows updates again, this time we are sure that windows update not downloading problem will solved because there is nothing in your system which is blocking these updates to download.
Method 3: Manually Restart your Updates using Services.msc
- Press Windows + R button and type services.msc and press enter.
- Now you have to find Windows Update service and then you have to right click on that and click on Stop
- Now you have open this directory C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution and you have delete all contents there
- Now again open Services.msc and locate Windows Update Sevice, right click on it and click on Start
- After doing this step it should solve windows update stuck at 0 problem, now restart your system and try again to download Windows updates and this it should start downloading those updates
This problem is really annoying and to get rid of this problem we have follow these protocols. In this article we have shown you alternate ways of how you can solve this windows update not downloading problem. Hope this solution helps you out, if you are still facing this same problem you can comment down or contact us and we will try our best to solve it.